Embark on a new chapter of life amidst the breathtaking landscapes and warm-hearted community of Fortuna Foothills, AZ.
Nestled in the heart of Yuma County, this enchanting Census-Designated Place offers a haven for those seeking tranquility and adventure.
Discover the joy of living in a place where mobile homes dot the horizon, providing a cozy retreat.
With a rich tapestry of diverse residents, vibrant dining spots, and captivating activities, Fortuna Foothills invites you to make it your home sweet home.
- Fortuna Foothills, AZ is a large Census-Designated Place in Yuma County, Arizona, with a population of 26,727.
- The population has experienced a decline of -4.9% in the past decade, and the area is ranked #1,700 in Arizona.
- The common type of residence in Fortuna Foothills is mobile homes with 2 bedrooms, built in 1998.
- The cost of living in Arizona is slightly higher than the national average, with a Cost of Living Score of 105.8 and a minimum wage of $12.80.
The demographics of Fortuna Foothills, AZ show a diverse population. The area is home to people of various races and backgrounds. The population is projected to reach 60.9 by 2023, with slightly more males than females. The community has a high percentage of seniors, with over 12,000 in total. In terms of poverty, the area has a relatively low rate of 10.49%. However, it’s important to note that multiple races are more likely to be in poverty, with over 30% below the poverty level. On the other hand, the black population has the lowest poverty rate at 2.54%. Overall, Fortuna Foothills offers a diverse and vibrant community for those looking to make a move.
Cost of Living
Looking to relocate? You’ll want to consider the cost of living in Fortuna Foothills, Arizona.
The annual cost of living for a single adult in this area is $36,975, which is slightly below the national average of $38,433.
When it comes to housing costs, the median home value in Fortuna Foothills is $122,000, lower than the national median home value of $204,900. Renting is also an option, with 19.50% of occupied homes being rented and the typical renter spending $1,149 a month on housing.
Transportation costs are relatively affordable, with 93.00% of commuters driving to work and an average commute time of 21.8 minutes.
Health care costs in Fortuna Foothills are slightly higher than the Arizona and national averages, with an average of $7,176 per year for a single adult.
Consider your safety when relocating to Fortuna Foothills, as the crime rate is higher than the national average. According to statistics, Fortuna Foothills has a crime rate that is 44% higher than the national average, with violent crimes being 55% higher. This means that you have a 1 in 30 chance of becoming a victim of crime in this area.
While Fortuna Foothills is safer than 13% of cities in the United States, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to ensure your safety. When moving to Fortuna Foothills, it is advisable to research specific neighborhoods and areas that have lower crime rates and are considered safer.
Taking the time to familiarize yourself with the area and its crime statistics can help you make an informed decision about where to live in Fortuna Foothills.
If you’re planning to relocate to Fortuna Foothills, you’ll want to know about the local economy. Here are some key points to consider:
- The population of Fortuna Foothills has experienced a slight decline in recent years, but the job market has seen a small increase.
- The median household income in the area has decreased slightly, but it still remains at a relatively moderate level.
- The unemployment rate in Fortuna Foothills is higher than the national average, so it may be important to consider job opportunities before making the move.
- Future job growth in the area is predicted to be lower than the national average, so it’s essential to plan ahead and ensure there are sufficient employment prospects for you in the long term.
Overall, while the local economy in Fortuna Foothills may have its challenges, with careful planning and consideration of job opportunities, you can still find a place to thrive.
The education system in Fortuna Foothills, AZ includes 7 public elementary schools and 3 high schools. Some top-rated schools in the area are Desert View Academy and AmeriSchools Academy – Yuma North Campus. According to Niche, Fortuna Foothills has a B minus overall grade for education.
In addition to these public schools, there are also 2 colleges in the area within 40 miles. This includes 1 private college or university and 1 community college offering 2-year degrees. One of the community colleges near Fortuna Foothills is Arizona Western College.
If you’re considering moving to Fortuna Foothills, AZ, you’ll have access to a variety of educational options for both yourself and your children.
Fortuna Foothills, AZ offers a variety of healthcare options, including several hospitals and urgent care centers in the area. When it comes to your health, you want options and convenience.
Here are three healthcare facilities near Fortuna Foothills that you can count on:
- PrimeCare Urgent Care: With three locations to serve you, PrimeCare Urgent Care provides quick and efficient medical services for non-life-threatening conditions.
- Foothills Walk-In Medical Care & Urgent Care: Whether you need a routine check-up or immediate care, Foothills Walk-In Medical Care & Urgent Care is there to provide quality healthcare services.
- Primecare Central Urgent Care: Offering comprehensive urgent care services, Primecare Central Urgent Care ensures that you receive prompt medical attention when you need it most.
With these healthcare options available, you can rest assured knowing that your health needs will be taken care of in Fortuna Foothills, AZ.
When considering the housing market in Fortuna Foothills, AZ, it’s important to note the current trends and prices. According to Zumper, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Fortuna Foothills is $1,000, which has increased by 18% from last year. Realtor.com states that the median listing home price in Fortuna Foothills is $184,750, and there are currently 268 homes for sale in the area. To give you a better idea of the affordability in different neighborhoods, here are some median home values: Fortuna ($126,557), Foothills Mobile Estates ($128,000), Foothills North ($129,000), Foothills Subdivision ($130,000), and Foothills Country Club Estates ($131,000). It’s worth noting that some of the best neighborhoods in Fortuna Foothills, according to realtor.com, are Foothills Mobile Estates, Mesa del Sol, and Yuma East, which offer high home values and good schools.
Looking for job opportunities in Fortuna Foothills, AZ? You’ll be pleased to know that there are many available jobs in various industries. Here are four key points about the job market in Fortuna Foothills:
- Public administration: This industry employs 12.9% of civilian workers and offers a range of positions in government and public services.
- Construction: With 8.9% of civilian employees working in this sector, there are job opportunities in building, infrastructure, and development projects.
- Educational services: This industry employs 8.3% of civilian workers, providing positions in schools, colleges, and educational organizations.
- Competitive salaries: Fortuna Foothills offers job opportunities with competitive salaries across different sectors, giving you the chance to earn well in the community.
To explore more job options and their respective salaries, check out websites like SimplyHired and Indeed. With the thriving job market in Fortuna Foothills, you can find the right opportunity for your career growth.
Public transportation options in Fortuna Foothills, AZ include the Yuma County Area Transit (YCAT) bus service and the Brown Route 3 – Fortuna Foothills Shuttle. The YCAT bus service offers public transportation services throughout Yuma County. You can find more information about their services on their website. The Brown Route 3 – Fortuna Foothills Shuttle provides service within the community with timed transfers to other routes.
The closest bus stations to Fortuna Foothills are Foothills Boulevard @ Tiffany Lane and 40th Street @ Foothills Blvd. If you need to travel to Yuma, you can take a bus from Fortuna Foothills to Yuma via AWC, NAU, UA Parking Lot in around 1 hour and 48 minutes. Alternatively, you can also take a taxi or drive your own car.
The nearest airport to Fortuna Foothills is Yuma International Airport, which is about 20 miles away.
To find information about tax rates in Fortuna Foothills, AZ, you can visit the official website for taxes in Arizona, AZTaxes.gov. Here are some key points to consider:
- Sales Tax Rate: The current sales tax rate in Fortuna Foothills is 7.6%. This is the rate applied to most purchases made within the area.
- Property Taxes: Last year, the average property taxes paid in Fortuna Foothills was 0.9% of the property’s assessed value. This is an important factor to consider when budgeting for homeownership.
- State Income Tax Brackets: Arizona has progressive income tax brackets. For single filers, the tax rates range from 2.59% to 4.5%, depending on the income level. For married filers, the rates range from 2.59% to 4.5% as well.
- Electronic Filing and Payment: The AZTaxes.gov website allows for electronic filing and payment of various taxes, including Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT), use taxes, and withholding taxes. This makes it convenient and efficient for taxpayers to fulfill their obligations.
Weather and Climate
Make sure to pack light clothing and stay hydrated because the hot desert climate in Fortuna Foothills, AZ can reach an average high temperature of 106°F in July. The summers are scorching, so be prepared for the heat.
However, winters in Fortuna Foothills are mild, with an average high temperature of 69°F and an average low temperature of 46°F in January. December is the coldest month, with an average low temperature of 46°F. It’s a good idea to pack some warmer clothes for the winter months, but overall, the weather in Fortuna Foothills is generally warm and sunny.
Enjoy the year-round pleasant weather, but don’t forget to protect yourself from the sun and stay hydrated during the hot summer months.
Pros and cons
Now that you have a good understanding of the weather and climate in Fortuna Foothills, Arizona, let’s dive into the pros and cons of living in this area.
When it comes to the pros, one of the standout features is the great weather. With a high number of days between 50-90°F, comfortable humidity at 60%, and a sunny climate, you can enjoy the outdoors all year round.
Another advantage is the political view diversity, which fosters a vibrant and open-minded community.
However, it’s important to consider the cons as well. Fortuna Foothills does have high property taxes, limited education options, and community amenities. Safety measures and infrastructure development are also somewhat limited.
Despite these drawbacks, the appealing aspects of the weather, climate, and diverse political views make Fortuna Foothills an attractive place to call home.
Bars and Restaurants
One of the highlights of living in this area is the wide selection of bars and restaurants to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a casual dining experience or a night out on the town, Fortuna Foothills has something for everyone.
Here are four reasons why the local dining scene is worth exploring:
- Variety of Cuisines: From Mexican and Italian to American and Asian, you’ll find a diverse range of culinary options in Fortuna Foothills. Whether you’re craving tacos, pizza, burgers, or sushi, there’s a restaurant that will satisfy your taste buds.
- Popular Dishes: The local restaurants in Fortuna Foothills are known for their signature dishes. Don’t miss out on trying the mouthwatering specialties that have made these establishments popular among locals and visitors alike.
- Price Range and Ambiance: Whether you’re on a budget or looking to indulge, Fortuna Foothills offers dining options for every wallet. From affordable eateries to upscale restaurants, you can find a place that suits your budget and desired dining atmosphere.
- Special Features and Customer Reviews: The restaurants in Fortuna Foothills have their own unique attributes that make them stand out. Check out customer reviews and ratings to discover the standout features and highlights of each establishment.
With its diverse culinary scene and range of dining options, Fortuna Foothills is a food lover’s paradise.
Things to do
Explore the wide range of activities available in the Fortuna Foothills area, from outdoor adventures at South Mountain Park to cultural experiences like the Ahwatukee Nutcracker Ballet. In addition to these popular attractions, there are other exciting things to do that cater to different interests. The Ahwatukee Farmers Market offers a vibrant atmosphere where you can browse through locally-produced baked breads, jellies, and crafts. For those who appreciate history and architecture, the Mystery Castle is a must-visit. This 18-room mansion, built in the 1930s, showcases a father’s enduring love for his daughter. If you’re looking for a breathtaking display of lights, the Festival of Lights along Chandler Boulevard and Desert Foothills Parkway is a must-see. Finally, outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy horseback trails, hiking, and cycling routes at South Mountain Park, Arizona’s largest municipal park.
Fortuna Foothills, Arizona offers a variety of neighborhoods to choose from, including Foothills Mobile Estates, Mesa del Sol, and Fortuna Heights, which are popular for buying or renting a home. These neighborhoods provide a suburban and rural feel, making them ideal for families and retirees.
Safety is also a priority in Fortuna Foothills, with neighborhoods such as Fortuna West, Yuma International Airport, Fortuna East, and Mesa Vineyards / Sierra Sands being some of the safest in the area.
If you’re looking for the best places to live, consider 747 E 14 ST, 28609 E BAKERSFIELD, 4651 E UDALL LN, 28721 CANAL AVE, or 2217 W COUNTY 15 ST. These locations offer a great quality of life and are highly recommended.
Additionally, Fortuna Foothills boasts above-average public schools, making it an excellent choice for families.
If you’re considering moving to Fortuna Foothills, AZ, you’ll be joining a diverse community with a small-town feel. The area still offers affordable mobile homes, especially those with 2 bedrooms, despite a slight decline in population. The cost of living is slightly higher than the national average, but the state’s minimum wage ensures a decent standard of living. Fortuna Foothills has a variety of dining options and plenty of activities to enjoy, making it a place with something for everyone. So why wait? Take the leap and experience the charm of this hidden gem!