Are you considering a move to Lake Havasu City, AZ? Get ready to enjoy a vibrant community with endless social opportunities. From theater performances to farmers markets, there’s always something happening.
And with its stunning natural beauty, including sparkling blue waters and breathtaking sunsets, you’ll feel like you’re living in paradise. Plus, the convenient location allows for easy exploration of major cities and iconic destinations.
With an affordable cost of living and 300 days of sunshine per year, Lake Havasu City is the perfect place to call home.
- Lake Havasu City offers a vibrant community and social life with a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
- The city is surrounded by a spectacular natural setting, with Lake Havasu’s sparkling blue waters and the Mohave Mountains providing a beautiful backdrop.
- Its convenient location makes it an ideal base for exploring major cities like Phoenix, LA, San Diego, and Las Vegas, as well as popular attractions such as the Grand Canyon.
- Lake Havasu City boasts an ideal climate with 300 days of sunshine per year and warm, dry days from October to April, making it a desirable location for those seeking a change from rainy climates.
The demographics of Lake Havasu City, AZ, provide valuable insights for individuals considering a move to the area.
Lake Havasu City has a predominantly white population, with 90.62% of residents identifying as White.
The population has been steadily growing, with a growth rate of 1.51% since 2020.
The city has a diverse age distribution, with a total of 47,064 adults and 18,257 seniors aged 65 and above.
The housing market in Lake Havasu City is primarily comprised of renters, with 72.1% of residents renting their homes.
These demographics showcase the vibrant and diverse community that individuals can expect when moving to Lake Havasu City.
Cost of Living
You’ll find that the cost of living in Lake Havasu City is relatively affordable compared to other cities. The total cost of living for a single adult in Lake Havasu City is $36,398 per year, which is about the same as the annual cost of living for Arizona. The cost of living in Lake Havasu City is also less than the national average. The median home value in Lake Havasu City is $235,900, higher than the national median home value. However, the median household income in Lake Havasu City is $51,187, which is 4.6 times the median home value, making it a relatively affordable housing market. Transportation costs in Lake Havasu City are slightly higher than the national average, with a single person spending $10,438 per year on transportation. Health care costs, on the other hand, are higher than both the state and national averages, while child care costs are lower than the state average.
Lake Havasu City, AZ has a crime rate that is lower than the national average. According to the FBI data, the total crime rate in Lake Havasu City is 1,591.3 per 100,000 people, which is 32.17% lower than the national rate of 2,346.0 per 100,000 people.
The violent crime rate in Lake Havasu City is also significantly lower, at 186.7 per 100,000 people, which is 51.86% lower than the national rate of 387.8 per 100,000 people. In fact, Lake Havasu City is considered safer than 55% of cities in the United States.
Safewise has ranked Lake Havasu City as the eighth safest city in the State of Arizona. People living in Lake Havasu City generally consider the southeast part of the city to be the safest area, with fewer cases of crime reported.
With a future job growth rate of 42.1%, Lake Havasu City, AZ offers promising economic opportunities. Whether you’re seeking a career change or looking to start a new business, this city has a lot to offer. Here are four reasons why the economy in Lake Havasu City is thriving:
- Diverse Industries: Lake Havasu City is home to a variety of industries, including accommodation and food services, retail trade, and health care and social assistance. This diverse range of sectors provides job seekers with a wide range of opportunities.
- High-Paying Industries: While Lake Havasu City may not have as many job opportunities as larger cities like Phoenix, it does have high-paying industries such as mining, quarrying, oil and gas extraction, and agriculture. These industries offer competitive salaries and excellent growth potential.
- Business-Friendly Environment: Lake Havasu City requires businesses to obtain a business license before operating within city limits. This ensures a level playing field and creates a supportive environment for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Growing Economy: The future job growth rate of 42.1% indicates that Lake Havasu City’s economy is on the rise. This growth is fueled by a combination of factors, including the city’s vibrant community, convenient location for exploration, and affordable cost of living.
Overall, Lake Havasu City presents a promising economic landscape with a growing job market and diverse industries. Whether you’re looking for a new career or considering starting your own business, this city offers a wealth of opportunities.
If you’re considering relocating to Lake Havasu City, AZ, you’ll be pleased to know that the city offers a variety of top-rated schools, including Telesis Preparatory, Havasu Preparatory Academy, Havasupai Elementary School, Jamaica Elementary School, and Nautilus Elementary School. These schools have an average ranking of 8/10, which is in the top 30% of Arizona public schools. They are known for their academic performance and equity. Whether you have elementary-aged children or high schoolers, there are excellent schooling options available. Lake Havasu City prioritizes education and provides a supportive environment for students to thrive. The table below highlights some of the top-rated public schools in Lake Havasu City:
|Havasu Preparatory Academy||8/10|
With these top-rated schools, you can feel confident that your children will receive a quality education in Lake Havasu City.
Located in Mohave County, Arizona, Lake Havasu City offers high-performing medical facilities and a variety of healthcare options for residents. When it comes to healthcare, you’ll find a range of hospitals and urgent care centers in the area.
Some of the options available include:
- Havasu Regional Medical Center: Rated high performing in adult procedures and conditions, this medical center provides quality care for residents.
- NextCare Urgent Care: Located on Mesquite Ave, this urgent care center offers convenient and prompt medical services.
- Anita Care Urgent Care: Situated on Mescal Loop, this urgent care center provides accessible healthcare for minor emergencies.
- Havasu Urgent Care: With a location on S N Kiowa Blvd, this urgent care center offers comprehensive medical services in a timely manner.
Whether you need routine check-ups or emergency care, Lake Havasu City has a variety of healthcare options to meet your needs.
Now that you have learned about the healthcare options in Lake Havasu City, let’s dive into the housing market. Lake Havasu City offers a range of affordable neighborhoods, such as Lakeview Villas, Becket House, and Briarwood Apartments, with rents starting around $800 for a 1-bedroom apartment. If you’re looking for a more upscale neighborhood, Circula De Hacienda, Tamarack Dr, and Pena Ln offer luxurious options. The median rent for all bedrooms and property types is $1,150. It’s important to note that Lake Havasu City is a smaller metro area, but it boasts a scenic lakeside setting with plenty of outdoor activities and amenities. To help you navigate the housing market, Dwellics provides house affordability calculations and options to find or sell a home.
Looking for employment opportunities? Lake Havasu City, AZ offers a diverse job market with high demand for positions like Dishwasher, Housekeeper, Service Repair Estimator/Coordinator, and more.
The largest industries in Lake Havasu City include Accommodation & Food Services, Retail Trade, and Health Care & Social Assistance.
Office & Administrative Support Occupations, Sales & Related Occupations, and Management Occupations are the most common job groups in the city.
According to data from Zippia, the highest paying job in Lake Havasu City is a cardiologist with a median salary of $252,755.
Some of the top employers in the city include Hospice of Havasu, Havasu Regional Medical Center, and Lake Havasu Unified School District.
With a diverse range of job opportunities, Lake Havasu City is a great place to find employment.
The public transportation system in Lake Havasu City, AZ offers convenient and affordable transportation options for both locals and tourists. Here are four key aspects of the system:
- Havasu Transit Program: The city operates the Havasu Transit Program, which provides three unique services. The Bridge is a fixed route service that covers various locations in the city. Direct is an on-demand service that offers flexible transportation options. FLEX is a paratransit curb-to-curb service available for veterans, seniors 60+, and ADA-certified patrons within the city limits.
- Bus Service: Havasu Area Transit is the bus service in Lake Havasu City. It operates four distinct routes, serving areas like Desert Hills, Lake Havasu City, and the shops around Lake Havasu. This reliable bus service is a convenient way to get around the city.
- Car Rental: For those who prefer to drive, there are car rental services available in Lake Havasu City. Renting a car provides flexibility and freedom to explore the city and its surroundings at your own pace.
- Ride-Hailing Services: Both Uber and Lyft operate in Lake Havasu City, offering additional transportation options. Lyft is typically cheaper than Uber in the city, providing a cost-effective alternative for getting around town. Additionally, there are other taxi services available for those who prefer traditional transportation methods.
Whether you’re a resident or a visitor, the public transportation system in Lake Havasu City ensures that you have convenient and affordable options to explore the area and reach your desired destinations.
If you’re considering living or starting a business in Lake Havasu City, you’ll want to be aware of the tax rates imposed on certain business activities.
Lake Havasu City imposes a transaction privilege (sales) tax on these activities, in addition to the tax imposed by the state. For most activities, the city tax rate is two percent (2.0%). This means that when conducting business in Lake Havasu City, you will need to factor in this additional tax.
It’s important to note that the city tax rate may vary depending on the specific business activity. To find more detailed information about the tax rates in Lake Havasu City, you can visit the official website at lhcaz.gov and navigate to the ‘Resources’ section.
Weather and Climate
With 300 days of sunshine each year, Lake Havasu City in Arizona offers an ideal climate for those seeking warm and dry days. You can enjoy the following benefits of the city’s weather and climate:
- Temperatures ranging from 64 to 88 Fahrenheit, providing a comfortable environment throughout the year.
- Blue skies that lift your mood day after day, creating a positive and uplifting atmosphere.
- Picture-perfect sunsets over the Mohave Mountains, offering breathtaking views and a sense of tranquility.
- Dark skies revealing a sky full of stars, perfect for stargazing and connecting with the beauty of the universe.
Whether you’re moving from a rainy climate or simply enjoy sunny days, Lake Havasu City’s climate will provide you with the ideal setting to enjoy outdoor activities, explore the stunning natural surroundings, and create lasting memories.
Pros and Cons
Experience the pros and cons of living in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Here’s a table to help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of this vibrant city:
|Vibrant Community and Social Life||Deteriorated Air Quality|
|Spectacular Natural Setting||Limited Activities and Entertainment Options|
|Convenient Location for Exploration||Requires a significant amount of money for recreational activities|
|Ideal Climate||Higher Cost of Living|
|Affordable Cost of Living||Limited Rain and Water Conservation|
Lake Havasu City offers a vibrant community with a bustling social life, filled with events and activities for everyone. The spectacular natural setting, with sparkling blue waters and breathtaking sunsets, provides a stunning backdrop for outdoor enthusiasts. The city’s convenient location allows for easy exploration of major cities and attractions in Arizona. The ideal climate, with 300 days of sunshine, is a welcome change for those moving from rainy climates. While the cost of living is affordable, housing demand slightly raises it. However, the city’s air quality may be a concern, and limited activities and entertainment options require financial preparation.
Bars and Restaurants
There are several popular bars and restaurants in Lake Havasu City that offer a variety of cuisines and dining experiences. Here are some options to consider:
- The Red Onion: This casual morning restaurant downtown offers delicious omelets and sandwiches. With its stylish industrial design, it’s also a trendy spot for Instagram-worthy photos. Don’t miss their Homemade Corned Beef Hash or the Layered French Toast with apple cinnamon compote.
- El Paraiso Mexican: Known for its lively atmosphere and traditional Mexican fare, this restaurant is a must-visit. Start with the Beef Taquitos Rancheros and then indulge in the Beef Super Burrito Combo. Their colorful cocktails are also worth trying.
- In-N-Out Burger: If you’re craving a juicy burger and hand-cut fries, this famous California-based chain won’t disappoint. Order the Double-Double and pair it with a Vanilla Shake for the perfect meal on the go.
- Rustys Restaurant: This family-friendly modern diner serves up comfort food with tasty twists. Try their Chili Cheese Omelette with hash browns and a mini stack, and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa.
No matter what type of cuisine you’re in the mood for, Lake Havasu City has plenty of options to satisfy your cravings.
Things to Do
Explore the vibrant community and social life in Lake Havasu City by checking out the various events and activities happening throughout the year.
Start by visiting the iconic London Bridge, a must-see attraction in the city.
Enjoy a day of boating or paddling on the sparkling blue waters of Lake Havasu, surrounded by the stunning Mohave Mountains.
If you prefer to stay on land, spend some time on the shore and relax under the picture-perfect sunsets.
Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the Lake Havasu Lighthouses, a unique sight to see.
Experience the excitement of the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival and Fair during the winter, or go hiking and mountain biking in scenic spots like SARA Park.
With so much to do, you’ll never run out of things to explore in Lake Havasu City.
Now that you know about the exciting things to do in Lake Havasu City, let’s talk about the best neighborhoods to consider when moving to this vibrant city in Arizona.
Lake Havasu City offers a mixture of older and newer homes, with no significant differences between neighborhoods. Whether you choose to live in the north, south, east, or west areas of the city, you can find affordable options that suit your needs.
The proximity to Mohave Community College is also worth considering, especially if you’re looking for job opportunities in the healthcare field.
Lake Havasu City may have a reputation as a party city due to its popularity as a spring break destination, but it also offers a warm climate, mild winters, and a range of boating events and activities.
Keep in mind that rental home prices can be higher due to the desirable climate and location.
So, if you’re ready to make a move, why not choose Lake Havasu City?
With its vibrant community, endless activities, and stunning natural beauty, it’s a place that will capture your heart.
The city’s affordable cost of living and convenient location make it even more enticing.
From the sparkling blue waters to the picturesque sunsets, Lake Havasu is a true gem.
So pack your bags, embrace the warmth, and get ready for a life filled with sunshine and endless possibilities.