Moving to Sahuarita, AZ? They say that home is where the heart is, and Rancho Sahuarita is the perfect place to find both.
Nestled near Tucson, this master-planned community offers a vibrant lifestyle for individuals and families alike. With its stunning natural beauty, extensive amenities, and diverse housing options, Sahuarita has something for everyone.
From the 15-acre lake park to the well-maintained walking trails, you’ll never run out of things to explore.
So why wait? Discover the charm of Sahuarita and make it your new home.
- Rancho Sahuarita is a highly amenitized master-planned community near Tucson, offering a range of amenities and recreational facilities.
- The community features a 15-acre lake park, 17 miles of paved walking trails, neighborhood parks with shaded playgrounds, and a water park with swimming pools.
- Housing options in Rancho Sahuarita include rental homes ranging from $1000 to $1500/month and new construction homes by builders such as KB Home and Richmond American Homes.
- The community is conveniently located with easy access to major roads and Interstate 19, making it accessible to Downtown Tucson and other areas.
If you’re considering moving to Sahuarita, AZ, it’s important to know about the demographics of the area.
Sahuarita is located in Pima County, Arizona, and has a population of 37,143 people.
The racial composition of the area is primarily White, making up 83.25% of the population, followed by Two or more races at 8.9%. Other races, including Black or African American, Asian, Native American, and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, make up the remaining percentage.
The population has been steadily growing at a rate of 2.52%.
In terms of age, Sahuarita has a relatively high age dependency ratio of 94.5, with a higher old age dependency ratio of 38.7.
The average household size is 2.94, and the average family size is 3.34.
Cost of Living
When you consider the cost of living in Sahuarita, you’ll find that it is lower than the national average. The total cost of living for a single adult in Sahuarita is $33,149 per year, which is less than the annual cost of living for Arizona ($37,091) and the national figure ($38,433). The median home value in Sahuarita is $200,700, lower than the national median home value. 15.60% of occupied homes in Sahuarita are rented, and the typical renter spends $1,391 per month on housing. The median household income in Sahuarita is $78,697, which is 2.6 times the median home value. When it comes to transportation costs, 93.00% of commuters in Sahuarita drive to work, and a single person spends $9,490 per year on transportation. The average health care costs for a single adult in Sahuarita are $4,978 per year. Finally, child care expenses for two children in Sahuarita are $15,592 per year, and a single adult spends an average of $3,027 per year on food.
To get a better understanding of the area, you should know that Sahuarita has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities in the United States. According to the National Council for Home Safety and Security, Sahuarita achieved the second lowest total crime rate in Arizona in 2018, with just 11.96 crimes per 1,000 residents.
The overall crime rate in Sahuarita is 9 per 1,000 residents, which is near the average for cities and towns of all sizes in America. Your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Sahuarita is 1 in 107, and the city’s crime rates are 57% lower than the national average.
People who live in Sahuarita typically consider the southeast part of the city to be the safest, with a 1 in 66 chance of being a victim of crime.
The economy in Sahuarita, AZ is growing steadily, attracting new businesses and contributing to community-wide prosperity.
Over the past year, the job market has seen an increase of -3.6%, and future job growth is predicted to be 43.1% over the next ten years, higher than the national average.
This growth is reflected in the population increase of 2.59% and the median household income growth of 5.86% from 2019 to 2020.
Sahuarita is becoming an attractive location for businesses, with new establishments like Richmond American Homes, Kababeque Indian Grill, and Coates Vein Clinic opening their doors in the community.
With a strong economy at its roots, Sahuarita is a thriving and prosperous place to live, offering opportunities for both businesses and residents alike.
You can explore the education options in Sahuarita, AZ, including top-rated schools and nearby colleges and universities.
Sahuarita High School is ranked 132nd within Arizona and 6,984th in National Rankings. The town has 6 elementary schools and 2 high schools, with top-rated schools such as Copper View Elementary School, Anza Trail, and Sahuarita Intermediate School. These schools have been highly rated based on their academic performance and equity.
Additionally, there are several colleges and universities near Sahuarita, Arizona. Some of them include Pima Community College West Campus, University of Arizona South, Tucson College, and Cochise College. These institutions provide excellent opportunities for higher education and furthering your career.
Explore the healthcare options available in Sahuarita, AZ, including a neighborhood hospital and a community health center.
When it comes to healthcare in Sahuarita, you have access to a range of options. Here are three key healthcare facilities in the area:
- Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita: This 18-bed neighborhood hospital offers round-the-clock services, including a full-service emergency department, two operating rooms, and outpatient imaging and lab services. It provides convenient and comprehensive care for residents.
- United Community Health Center: Located on Sahuarita Road, this health center offers family practice primary care services. It is a reliable option for routine check-ups, preventive care, and ongoing medical needs.
- Urgent Care Centers: Sahuarita has several urgent care centers and walk-in clinics, such as Sahuarita Heights Clinic and Urgent Care by Urgent Specialists. These facilities provide prompt medical attention for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
With these healthcare options available, you can feel confident in accessing quality medical care in Sahuarita.
The housing market in Sahuarita, AZ offers a range of options for potential homebuyers and renters. According to sources, the average rent in Sahuarita ranges from $701 to $2,640, depending on the size and quality of the apartment. For those looking to buy a home, the median listing price in Sahuarita was $365,000 in November 2022, with affordable neighborhoods like Sahuarita Town Center and Sahuarita Heights having median home values around $197,713 and $199,000, respectively. On the other hand, some of the more expensive neighborhoods include Stone House and Rancho Sahuarita, with median listing home prices of $766.8K and $399.9K, respectively. The housing market in Sahuarita is ranked favorably in terms of livability and amenities for retirees, making it an attractive place to live.
|Rent Range||Average Rent|
If you’re looking for job opportunities, there are a variety of industries in Sahuarita, AZ that offer employment options. According to the Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce, some of the largest industries in the area include Professional Services, Personal Services & Consultants, and Builders & Contractors.
Additionally, the local economy is supported by diverse industries such as Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (DM AFB), and the University of Arizona.
There are several high-paying jobs available in Sahuarita, AZ, including Owner Operator Driver, Associate Attorney, and Host/Hostess. Some of the largest employers in the area include Freeport-McMoRan, Asarco, and Farmers Investment Co.
If you’re in need of job assistance, Pima County offers One-Stop Career Centers that provide career counseling, job-searching assistance, and occupational-training programs for all county residents.
Now that you have learned about the job market in Sahuarita, let’s talk about public transportation in the area.
Sahuarita offers a few options for public transportation. One option is Sun Tran, which provides safe and cost-effective transportation in Tucson. Another option is the line 421 bus, which you can take from Sahuarita to Tucson. Just remember to wear a face mask while on public transport.
If you’re planning to travel to other cities without a car, there are buses, shuttles, and taxis available. You also have the option to rent a car or use ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft, which are readily available in Sahuarita.
With these transportation options, you’ll have the flexibility to explore the surrounding areas and easily commute to work.
When looking for information about tax rates in Sahuarita, you’ll find that the sales tax rate is 8.1%. This consists of 5.6% Arizona state sales tax, 0.5% Pima County sales tax, and 2% Sahuarita tax. The Town of Sahuarita itself does not levy a property tax, but there are other taxing jurisdictions within the Town that do.
If you’re concerned about the tax rates in Sahuarita, here are some things to consider:
- The sales tax rate may seem high, but it helps fund important services and amenities in the community.
- By not having a property tax, you can potentially save money on your annual home expenses.
- The tax rates in Sahuarita are comparable to other areas in Pima County.
- The official tax website for Sahuarita, AZ provides more detailed information about taxes in the area.
Overall, the tax rates in Sahuarita should not deter you from considering the community as your new home.
Weather and Climate
You’ll experience a hot desert climate in Sahuarita, AZ, with average high temperatures of 100°F in July. The winters in Sahuarita are mild, with an average high temperature of 66°F in January. The average low temperature in January is 39°F, making it the coldest month of the year.
Although Sahuarita rarely sees any snowfall, with an average of 0 inches, the desert landscape and clear skies offer a unique and beautiful winter experience.
The overall climate in Sahuarita is characterized by hot and dry summers, while the winters are pleasantly mild. So, if you’re moving to Sahuarita, be prepared for the heat of the summer months and enjoy the comfortable temperatures during the winter season.
Pros and cons
Living in Sahuarita has its pros and cons. Here are four key points to consider:
- Affordable Living: Sahuarita offers low housing costs compared to other cities in Arizona, making it an attractive option for those looking for more affordable living. The overall cost of living, including groceries, healthcare, and transportation, is relatively low as well.
- Enjoyable Outdoor Lifestyle: With great weather year-round, Sahuarita is ideal for those seeking an enjoyable outdoor lifestyle. You can take advantage of the numerous parks, playgrounds, and paved trails for walking and biking, making it a perfect place for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Limited Job Opportunities: One drawback is that Sahuarita has limited job opportunities compared to larger cities. Career advancement can be challenging due to the limited job options available. If you’re looking for a bustling city life and a wide range of job opportunities, Sahuarita may not be the best fit.
- Lack of Cultural Diversity: Sahuarita’s small-town feel may not appeal to those seeking a multicultural community. The town has limited restaurants, bars, and cultural events due to its size. If you value a diverse and vibrant community with a wide range of cultural experiences, Sahuarita may not meet your expectations.
Bars and Restaurants
If you’re in the mood for a night out, there are several bars and restaurants to choose from in Sahuarita.
Pub 1922 is a great option if you’re looking for a vintage-inspired bar and grill with gastropub grub and craft beer.
Los Agaves Restaurant is a casual spot that serves familiar Mexican eats, and they even have daily specials.
Papa Johns Pizza is a popular pizza take-out and delivery chain that offers both classic and specialty pizzas, as well as wings and desserts.
Subway is a casual counter-serve chain where you can build your own sandwiches and salads, with health-conscious options available.
For some delicious Sonoran hotdogs and tortas, El Checo Mexican Food is a must-try food truck.
And if you’re in the mood for Indian cuisine, Kababeque Indian Grill offers a variety of dishes in a nice and clean setting.
Things to do
Now that you have explored the vibrant bar and restaurant scene in Sahuarita, it’s time to discover the exciting things to do in the area.
From historical and cultural attractions to outdoor activities and local markets, Sahuarita offers a range of experiences for everyone.
Immerse yourself in history by visiting the Titan Missile Museum or exploring the art galleries in Tubac, one of the oldest European settlements in Arizona.
If you enjoy outdoor adventures, head to Madera Canyon for hiking and camping, or visit the Anamax Recreation Center for sports, nature trails, and dog parks.
Don’t miss the Green Valley Farmers Market for fresh produce and local crafts, or catch a live performance at the Community Performance and Art Center.
Sahuarita truly has something for everyone to enjoy and explore.
One of the best neighborhoods in Sahuarita is Presidio Porvenir. It offers a variety of floor plans and easy access to major roads and Interstate 19. This neighborhood is perfect for those who value convenience and a wide range of housing options. Here are three reasons why Presidio Porvenir stands out:
- Variety of floor plans: Presidio Porvenir offers a range of floor plans to suit different needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a smaller home or a larger one, you’ll find options that fit your lifestyle.
- Easy access to major roads: Living in Presidio Porvenir means you’ll have quick and convenient access to major roads and Interstate 19. This makes commuting and traveling around the area a breeze.
- Proximity to amenities: Presidio Porvenir is located in close proximity to various amenities and facilities in the community. From parks and playgrounds to the Club Rancho Sahuarita, you’ll have everything you need just a short distance away.
Consider Presidio Porvenir for your new home in Sahuarita and enjoy the convenience and variety it has to offer.
So, you’re considering moving to Sahuarita, AZ?
With its desirable amenities, diverse housing options, and convenient location, it’s no wonder why this master-planned community is highly sought-after. From the 15-acre lake park to the Club Rancho Sahuarita, there are endless opportunities for recreation and relaxation.
Plus, with new homes being built and easy access to major roads, you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips.
But, is Sahuarita the perfect place for you?
Well, why not take the plunge and find out for yourself? After all, what’s stopping you from experiencing the unique and family-friendly lifestyle that Sahuarita has to offer?